Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some Great Ghostwriting Quotes

Thanks to Margaret Soltan's academic blog: http://www.margaretsoltan.com/?p=16887

...we have some great quotes related to ghostwriting. First, reportedly said by Mina Dulcan, the editor of the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, two years ago to the BBC, after being told that a paper she had published was both ghostwritten and contrary to the known data: “I don’t have any regrets about publishing at all. It generated all sorts of useful discussion which is the purpose of a scholarly journal.”

Gloria Bachmann, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey, defended appending her name to a ghostwritten article to the New York Times: "This is my work, this is what I believe, this is reflective of my view.”

That in turn led to a comment on the blog: "I would like to go on record for the first time and declare that I am the author of Moby-Dick. It is what I believe. It is reflective of my view."

No comments: